The advent of coronavirus Covid 19, and associated restrictions on travel and mass gatherings, has impacted on the exhibition premiere and the development of the Vision 2020 tour program. I look forward to sharing these fantastic artworks in the cloth at the earliest possible opportunity. This is an exhibition tour update as at 14 March 2020:
- AQC Premiere Not Proceeding: The Australasian Quilt Convention, scheduled for 16-19 April 2020, has been postponed to 20-23 August 2020. Regrettably this means Vision 2020 will NOT premiere at AQC nor will it be on display at AQC in August as the exhibit is committed elsewhere at that time.
- The Q Exhibition Space 28 April – 28 May UNDER REVIEW: Through their Cultural Arts Assistance Scheme, the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council awarded a grant to exhibit Vision 2020 at the Q Exhibition Space from 28 April – 28 May with a curator floor talk at 2pm on Saturday 2 May. That is 6 weeks away but is subject to review. I will keep you posted.
- AQS QuiltWeek Shows USA: the exhibition is booked to tour to the United States for the following AQS QuiltWeek events:
- 5-7 August 2020: Lancaster – The Nook
- 19–22 August 2020: Grand Rapids
- 30 September – 2 October 2020: Charleston
Back in Australia, the following gallery venues have been confirmed:
- 9 November 2020 – 15 January 2021: Gosford Hospital Exhibition Space (Level 4 Building J Main Corridor)
- end January to 19 March 2021: Coalface Gallery, Moranbah, Queensland
- April-May 2021: exhibition available
- 11 June – 4 July 2021: Gallery M, Adelaide, South Australia
Meanwhile I will continue with the Just a Glimpse previews every other day on social media with a view to launching the exhibition catalogue in mid-April. Watch this space!